Sunday, September 22, 2013

AR Project Summary Report

My action research project, Implementation of technology to increase teacher/parent communication, is taking off to a great start and is helping me out enormously this early into the school year. I have had to contact a few parents of students who are struggling to keep up and turn in homework. My action research project has made this job a great deal easier and more convenient than calling the parents and setting up conferences to meet with each parent. Once the school year gets going more I will be able to determine which uses of technology is working with the parents and which form isn’t really working out. So far I have determined that Facebook is vital and it seems almost each student’s parents do have Facebook and use it on a regular basis. However, I am finding out that twitter isn’t a common use of technology for the parents and it seems to not have much effect on my action research project itself. My principal was able to inform me of another new form of technology called “remind101” which is a program that will send out a text message to all my parents letting them get any message I want them to receive quick and easily via SMS. This has been a huge help because I am able to inform parents of homework I assign each night very fast and hassle free. I have realized with implementing new technology and tools to increase communication I just have to run it as a trial and error system and see what parents tend to like and use versus what they don’t use. Instead I’m able to maintain fluent communication on a daily basis and keep all parties informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment